NASCAR TrackPass™ Privacy Statement
Last Updated August 15, 2018
NASCAR TrackPass is a Subscriber Video on Demand mobile and tablet application, and related website, services, products, and software (collectively, the “Service”), which is offered and operated by NBC Sports Ventures, LLC d/b/a Playmaker Media (“Playmaker”, “we”, “our” or “us”) as principal. This Privacy Statement describes our privacy practices with respect to the Service. You will learn about the Personal Data we collect, how we use it, the controls we give you over your information, and the measures we take to keep it safe.
Playmaker and NASCAR Media Ventures, LLC (“NMV”) each receive any Personal Data collected by or shared on the Service and are each responsible to you for the collection and use of your personal data. If you want to learn more about the specific privacy practices of NASCAR, please visit http://www.nascar.com/en_us/privacy.html
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement or the collection or use of your Personal Data by Playmaker, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Privacy Statement Highlights
|Information We Collect||We collect the contact information, payment information, account credentials, and social media content you provide when you register, subscribe and use the Service. We also collect information about your use of the Service, including information about the Device you use to access the Service, your location when you use the Service, and the content and advertisements you interact with on the Service. (Learn More)|
|How We Use the Personal Data We Collect||How We Use the Personal Data We Collect We use the Personal Data we collect from and about you: • To satisfy our contractual obligation to provide you the Service when you subscribe. • For our legitimate business purposes, including to enforce our terms, prevent fraud, and to analyze the performance of the Service and the content and advertisements displayed. • When you have given us your consent to do so. (Learn More)|
|Personal Data We Share||We share your Personal Data with Nascar Digital Media, service providers acting on our behalf, with our affiliates, and as required by law or in connection with a merger or acquisition. (Learn More)|
|Children||We do not knowingly solicit or collect Personal Data from children below the age of 13. (Learn More)|
|Your Rights and Choices||You have the right to make choices about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For example, you can control the Personal Data that you share with us, restrict the Personal Data that is collected by the Service, or request that we delete your Personal Data or stop using your Personal Data for certain purposes. You can exercise these rights by contacting us at email@example.com, by updating the settings in your Device or adjusting your preferences in your account. (Learn More)|
|Other Privacy Information||
• International Transfer: We are located in the U.S. and your information will be transferred and processed in the U.S. We rely on multiple legal bases to lawfully transfer personal data internationally. These include your consent and EU Commission approved model contractual clauses, which require certain privacy and security protections.
|Contacting Us||If you would like to exercise your data protection rights, or if you have questions about our privacy practices of this Privacy Statement, contact us at: Playmaker Media 1 Blachley Road Stamford, CT 06902 Attn: NASCAR TrackPass Email: firstname.lastname@example.org|
Full Privacy Statement
1. Information We Collect
Personal Data You Provide
When you interact with our Service (including when you register for an account or purchase a subscription), we, or our service providers (acting on our behalf), collect “Personal Data” (which is information that, on its own or when combined with other information, can be used to identify you) that you provide to us, such as your first and last name, address, email address, and when necessary, credit card information. The types of Personal Data we collect include:
• Contact information (such as name, postal or e-mail address, and phone number)
• Username and password
• Credit card or other payment account information when you pay for a subscription
• Content you share on the Service (such as photographs, articles and comments)
• Content you make available through social media accounts or memberships with third parties
Data Collected Using Automated Means
We collect the following types of information automatically:
- Usage and Log Information.
- Information about your activity (such as content and advertisements you have accessed, seen, forwarded and/or clicked on).
- Log files
- Diagnostic, crash, website, and performance logs and reports.
- Content and advertisements you have accessed, seen, forwarded and/or clicked on
- Geolocation Information
- Device and Connection Information:
- Network or Internet protocol address
- Type of browser you are using (e.g., Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Internet Explorer)
- Type of operating system you are using (e.g., Microsoft Windows or Mac OS)
- Name of your Internet service provider (e.g., Comcast, Verizon or AT&T) and domains used by such provider
- Mobile network
- Device identifiers (such as Apple IDFA or an Android Advertising ID)
- Device settings, browser settings, and language
- Information on actions taken or interactions with the Service, including viewed and exit pages and date or time stamps
- Type of handheld or mobile device used to access the Service (e.g., iOS, Android)
2. How We Use the Personal Data We Collect
We, and our third party service providers acting on our behalf, use the Personal Data we obtain about you:
- To satisfy our contractual obligation to provide the Service to you when you subscribe. For example, we use your Personal Data to:
- Provide and communicate with you about the Service, including setting up and administering your registration and account
- Provide technical support for the Service
- Fulfill your requests, including without limitation requests for notifications.
- When we have a legitimate business interest to do so. For example, we use Personal Data to:
- Prevent fraud or potentially illegal activities (including, without limitation, copyright infringement) on or through the Service
- Protect the safety of our users
- Advertise and market to you, which includes displaying targeted ads, offers and content made available to you based on your interests and usage of the Service;
- Analyze the performance of the ads, offers and content on the Service, as well as your interaction with them
- Improve and develop the Service
- With your consent. For example, we use Personal Data to:
- Communicate with you about other products, programs or services that we believe may be of interest to you, when you consent to join our mailing list or receive marketing communications from us; and
- Store and display the Personal Data you voluntarily provide on the social and community features of the Service.
We also may use the information in other ways for which we provide specific notice and obtain consent where required at the time of collection.
3. Personal Data We Share
We share your Personal Data as follows:
- NMV . We share your Personal Data with NASCAR Digital Media, LLC (“NMV”) in accordance with the terms of this Privacy Statement. If you want to learn more about the specific privacy practices of NMV, please visit http://www.nascar.com/en_us/privacy.html.
- Service Providers . We share your Personal Data and other information with service providers that we have engaged to perform business-related functions on our behalf. This includes service providers that: (a) conduct research and analytics; (b) create content; (c) provide customer, technical or operational support; (d) conduct or support marketing (such as email or advertising platforms); (e) fulfill orders and user requests; (f) handle payments; (g) host the Service; (h) maintain databases; (i) send or support online or mobile advertising; and (j) otherwise support or help us provide the Service. Our service providers include: Adobe Omniture, Conviva Video Analytics, Google DFP Ad Tracking, Urban Ship and Fabric Analytics.
- Legal Process; Fraud Prevention. We will share your Personal Data and other information (i) if we are required to do so by law or legal process, (ii) when we believe disclosure is necessary to prevent harm or financial loss, or (iii) if it is relevant to an investigation of suspected or actual fraudulent or illegal activity.
- Mergers, Acquisitions, and Business Transfers. We will share your Personal Information if we are acquired by or enter into a merger with another company, or otherwise reorganize our business.
- Affiliates. We share your Personal Data and other information with affiliates, subject to the terms of this Privacy Statement or otherwise as we disclose to you at the time the data is collected.
- Advertising Partners. We share your Personal Data with advertising partners (including advertisers, advertising networks and platforms, agencies, and other marketers) that wish to market products or services to you, but only if you have provided consent to do so.
If you wish to opt out from such sharing please visit the Your Rights and Choices section below for further instructions.
4. Children’s Personal Data
We do not knowingly solicit or collect personal data from children below the age of 13. If we discover that we have accidentally collected Personal Data from a child below 13, we will remove that child’s Personal Data from its records as soon as reasonably possible.
5. Cookies and Other User and Ad-Targeting Technologies
Cookies. Cookies are text files placed in your computer’s browser. A cookie can be used to uniquely identify your computer and may contain information about your website interactions. We use certain cookies and other similar analytics technologies offered by our third-party service providers to provide the Service, understand your use of the Service, customize the content offered to you on the Service and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
Web Beacons. We also use “web beacons” or clear GIFs, or similar technologies, which are small pieces of code placed on a web page or in an email, to monitor the behavior and collect data about the visitors viewing a web page or email. For example, web beacons may be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page. Web beacons may also be used to provide information on the effectiveness of our email campaigns (e.g., open rates, clicks, forwards, etc.).
Mobile Device Identifiers and SDKs. If you access the Service via a mobile app, we use additional identifiers, such as the advertising ID provided by Apple or Android, for similar purposes. Our apps also include third party Software Development Kits (“SDKs”) to collect Personal Data, such as device identifiers, geolocation information, and other information about your device or use of the Service. A mobile SDK is the mobile app version of a web beacon (see “Web Beacons” above). The SDK is computer code that app developers can include in their apps to enable ads to be shown, data to be collected, and related services or analytics to be performed. We use this technology to deliver or help our advertising partners deliver certain advertising through the Service based on information associated with your mobile device.
We also use these technologies for the following purposes:
- Social Media. Some of our websites include social media cookies, including those that enable users who are logged in to the social media service to share content via that service.
Please see the “
Your Rights and Choices
” section below to learn about your ability, at any time, to opt out or limit the use of your browsing behavior for online behavioral advertising purposes.
To learn how to reduce the number of cookies you receive, or delete cookies that have already been installed in your browser’s cookie folder, please refer to your browser’s help menu or other instructions related to your browser. You can also learn more about cookies by visiting https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies , which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browsers.
6. Your Rights and Choices
You have certain rights regarding the personal information we maintain about you. We also offer you certain choices about what personal information we collect from you, how we use that information, and how we communicate with you.
• You can choose not to provide Personal Data to us by refraining from subscribing to or using the Service.
• You can update and correct inaccuracies in your Personal Data by signing into your account and updating your information.
• You can opt out of the collection and use of certain information which we collect about you by automated means by changing the settings in the device you use to access the Service.
• In certain jurisdictions, you can exercise your choice via the Cookie Consent notice displayed on the Service. Your browser may tell you how to be notified and opt out of receiving certain types of cookies. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of the Service.
• You can at any time tell us not to send you marketing communications by e-mail by clicking on the unsubscribe link within the marketing e-mails you receive from us. If you have signed up to receive text messages from us and no longer wish to receive such messages, you may follow the instructions to stop delivery of such messages, which may include by replying “STOP” to the received text message.
• To the extent provided by applicable law, you may withdraw any consent you previously provided to us, or object at any time, to the processing of your Personal Data by contacting us as set forth below. Withdrawing your consent will mean that you cannot take advantage of the Service.
• When you access the Service through a mobile device or through a mobile application, you may be asked to share your precise (GPS level) geo-location information with us so we can customize your experience and the content you receive. If you agree to such collection, in most cases, you will be able to turn off such data collection at any time by accessing the privacy settings of your mobile device and/or through the settings in the applicable mobile application.
• You can exercise your choice in allowing for cookies to be placed on your Device for purposes of interest-based advertising or to opt-out of cookies by visiting the following sites and selecting which company’s cookies you would like to opt out of: Digital Advertising Alliance Consumer Choice Page or Your Online Choices.
Additional Data Protection Rights in Europe
If you live in the European Economic Area or the United Kingdom, you also have the right to:
• Obtain confirmation that we hold Personal Data about you,
• Request access to and receive information about the Personal Data we maintain about you,
• Receive copies of the Personal Data we maintain about you,
• Request that we provide certain parts of your Personal Data to you or transmit it directly to another company that processes Personal Data, and
• Have your Personal Data blocked, anonymized or deleted, as appropriate.
These rights may be limited in some circumstances under applicable law. To exercise these rights, please contact us as set forth below.
We may ask you to provide additional information for identity verification purposes, or to verify that you are in possession of an applicable email account.
In addition, if you are in the European Economic Area or the United Kingdom and you have any complaints about how we use your Personal Data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority in your country. A list of data protection authorities is available at http://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/article29/item-detail.cfm?item_id=612080 .
7. International Transfer
The Service is offered globally so it is necessary to transfer your information internationally. In particular, your information will be transferred to and processed in the United States where our servers are located. The data protection and other laws of other countries, such as the United States, may not be as comprehensive as those in your country. We rely on multiple legal bases to lawfully transfer personal data internationally. These include your consent and EU Commission approved model contractual clauses, which require certain privacy and security protections.
8. Data Security
We have put in place physical, electronic, and managerial procedures designed to help prevent unauthorized access, to maintain data security, and to use correctly the information we collect online. These safeguards vary based on the sensitivity of the information that we collect and store.
Although we take appropriate measures to safeguard against unauthorized disclosures of Personal Data, we cannot assure you that Personal Data will never be disclosed, altered or destroyed in a manner that is inconsistent with this privacy statement.
9. Data Retention
We will generally store information associated with your account until it is no longer necessary to provide services to you, until you ask us to delete it, or until your account is deleted, whichever comes first; but there are some exceptions to this general rule. We will retain information from deleted accounts to comply with the law, prevent fraud, collect fees, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with investigations, enforce our agreements, and take other actions permitted by law.
10. Third Party Links and Services
From time to time, we may update this Privacy Statement. We will notify you about material changes by either sending an email message to the email address you most recently provided to us or by prominently posting a notice on the Service.
12. Contacting Us
If you would like to exercise your data protection rights, or if you have questions about our privacy practices of this Privacy Statement, contact us at:
1 Blachley Road
Stamford, CT 06902
Attn: NASCAR TrackPass